Tuesday, March 15, 2011

G is for Growing











....or gardening, or garden
What a joy it is to have a garden and to watch and water and nuture the growth of flowers and trees fruits, herbs and vegetables.

I am very grateful for this everyday pleasure, everyday.

Currently in my "veggie patch in a bathtub" (yes, it's a real bathtub) I am growing tomatoes, baby capsicums, baby beets, parsley, mint, basil and rocket.

Whether it's in a paddock, a garden bed or a pot, the miracle of growth never ceases to amaze



These are photos from the Ekka (annual Brisbane Agricultural Exhibition) something I am grateful hasn't lost its charm and is still popular in the 21st centuty



1 comment:

  1. As a teacher, I am grateful, when I see my students grow (sometimes after periods of frustrating lack of growth!) What a joy it is when they do grow - in knowledge, in understanding of concepts, in skills like reading a writing, in compassion for others they learn about and in wonder at the world around them. I am grateful

    ReplyDelete